Here are some answers to basic problems that you may encounter on the Passerport website. For anything that is not mentioned, please visit our Facebook Page group, Passerport People.
Create an Account
How do I create a personal account on Passerport?
To create a personal account on Passerport:
- Go to “Sign Up”.
- Enter your username. first and last names, email, password, date of birth and gender.
- Click “Register Sign Up”.
- To finish creating your personal account, you need to confirm your email.
You must be at least 18 years old to create an account.
Why am I being asked to add my email to my account?
Adding your email to your account:
- Helps keep your account secure.
- Makes it easier to connect with others.
- Makes it easier to regain access to your account if you have trouble logging in.
- Makes it easier to receive notifications and updates.
A suggested email may be based on:
- Your mobile phone or tablet
- Your mobile operator
- Contact info provided by email providers
Keep in mind that you can control who can see your information. You can learn more about this in our Data Policy.
How do I confirm my email?
To finish creating an account, you need to confirm that you own the email that you used to create the account. To confirm your email, click or tap the link in the email you got when you created the account. Confirming your email helps us know that we’re sending your account info to the right place. Please confirm your email as soon as possible. You may not be able to use your account until you confirm your email.
How can I make my password stronger?
When you create a new password, make sure that it’s at least 6 characters long. Try to use a complex combination of numbers, letters and punctuation marks. If you see a message letting you know the password you entered isn’t strong enough, try mixing together uppercase and lowercase letters. You can also make the password more complex by making it longer with a phrase or series of words that you can easily remember, but no one else knows. Keep in mind that your password should also be different than the passwords you use to log into other accounts, like your email or bank account.
How should I choose my profile name?
We ask everyone to use the name they go by in everyday life so that you always know who you’re connecting with, as well as for identifying you if your post gets chosen. We might block the use of certain names to help prevent people from creating fake or malicious accounts. We’re sorry if your name is blocked.
If you’re trying to create a personal account:
- Make sure that your name follows the simple guideline.
- Try signing up through the Facebook social media portal.
If you’re still having trouble signing up or if you think your name was rejected by mistake, let us know. You can limit privacy by changing your settings.
What if I’m promoting my services or product?
If you’re trying to create an account to promote a service, business, product, organization, or idea, please create a group page with your personal account.
- If you are looking to network, you can join forums, groups, and search for members through our selective menu.
- If you are promoting yourself, search for reviews and collaborate with other members.
Connect with Others
How do I know what’s going on in Passerport?
There is an Activity board that is constantly updating lists, stories, pictures, and video updates from all participating members. You can navigate to “Activities” on the header.
As for your individual interests and activities, your News Feed and Wall include story updates, photos, videos, links, likes, and reviews from people, pages and groups that you follow. Posts that you see in your News Feed or Wall are meant to keep you connected to people, places, and things that matter to you, your friends, and your network. You can navigate to either one on the selective menu.
Which posts do I see first on my News Feed or Wall?
Posts that you see first are influenced by your connections and recent activity on Passerport. The number of comments, likes, and reactions a post receives and what kind of story it is (example: photo, video, status update) can make it more likely to appear higher up in your News Feed.
Posts that you might see include:
- A friend or connected member commenting on or liking another friend’s photo or status update.
- A person reacting to a post from a publisher that a friend has shared.
- Multiple people replying to each other’s comments on a video they watched or an article they read in News Feed.
Keep in mind that if you feel you’re missing posts you’d like to see, or seeing posts in your News Feed or Wall that you don’t want to see, you can adjust your settings on the post.
What should I do when I see posts that i don’t like?
Your News Feed and Wall include posts about your friends’ activity, including when your friends like or comment on posts from people you’re not friends with. You also might see posts about your friends liking or commenting in public groups where you’re not a member.
If you don’t want to see posts in your News Feed about a friend’s activity, you can:
- Unfollow or delete that friend.
- Learn how to adjust the settings on what you see in your News Feed or Wall.
You can also give us feedback about your experience with News Feed, Wall, and other products.
Why are some posts constantly appearing?
Sometimes a post that you’ve already seen will move to the top of your News Feed because many of your friends have liked or commented on it. This helps you see popular posts and conversations that your friends are interacting with the most. If you feel you’re missing posts you’d like to see, or seeing posts in your News Feed that you don’t want to see, you can adjust your settings. When you share something, people you include in the audience of the post may see it in their News Feeds. You can change the audience of something you’ve shared by changing the privacy settings.
What does it mean to “Like” a post?
Clicking “Like” below a post is an easy way to let people know that you enjoy it without leaving a comment. Just like a comment, the fact that you liked the post is visible below it.
For example, if you click Like below a friend’s video:
- People who can see the video will be able to see that you liked it.
- A story will be posted on your Wall that you liked your friend’s video.
- The person who posted the video will get a notification that you liked it.
How do I unlike something?
You can only unlike posts, photos, and comments that you previously liked.
To unlike a post or photo:
- Go to the post, photo, or comment.
- Click to unlike.
How do I react in a post or comment?
To react in a post or comment, click the smile icon above the text and choose an emoji. The most popular reactions appear below the post or comment as icons. Keep in mind that you can add emojis in post or comment while you edit.
What can I search on Passerport?
You can search for people, posts, photos, videos, places, pages, groups, links and events. Start searching with keywords (example: Cory Washington) and you’ll see a list of results that you can filter through. You can also combine phrases together, or add things like locations, times, likes, and interests to be more specific. Suggestions will appear depending on what’s available.
Does my search history appear when I enter something into the search bar?
No, the suggestions that appear when you enter something in the search bar isn’t your search history. It’s a list of relevant predicted results based on popular searches. However, if you click on the search bar without typing anything, you’ll might see a list of your past search results. We respect your privacy settings, which means anyone can search for info about you based on what you shared with them or everyone.
There are 2 ways you can manage what others may see about you:
- Go to your profile page to view and manage basic info about yourself.
- Go to your settings and change your basic information or privacy settings.
Keep in mind that any posts that you’ve shared with your friends can only be found by them.
What shows up in search results?
You see unique search results based on:
- Your connections to people, places, and things.
- What your friends share with you.
- Your connections and interests, which might affect the order of your results.
- People’s privacy settings.
You may see results from people you’re not friends with because you’re part of the audience for the post. Keep in mind that public posts can be seen by anyone, including people outside of Passerport.
How do I post my stories?
To share your post or your comments in a story update:
- Tap the text box in your News Feed, Wall, Activity, Blog, Comment, Event, or Group.
- Click Icons above text box to enhance your posts.
- Write a story about how you felt or write a description of what you did (example: where you’re traveled to).
- Choose a category for your post.
- To edit, click “Edit” or the pencil icon and make your changes. Click “X” to remove it from your post update. To change your emoji icon, click it in your status update and choose a new one from the dropdown menu.
- Once you’ve finished your story, click “Post”.
If you choose to write a story, like going scuba diving for the first time or auditioning for a TV show, there might be a possibility that your post might get chosen to be featured in our publication.
Photos and Videos
How do I post photos or videos?
You can post photos and videos or create an album with a collection from a special time or place, like a birthday party or vacation. You can also add photos and videos to an existing album. It’s up to you to choose who can see your photos, videos, and albums. To post photos and videos:
- Click the camera icon at the bottom of your News Feed or Wall.
- Select the photos or videos you want to add.
- Click “Post”.
If someone tagged you in a photo or video you don’t want to be tagged in, you can untag it. Keep in mind that when you tag someone, that photo or video may also be shared with that person and their friends.
How do I share photos or videos?
You can share photos or videos to create an album with a collection from a special time or place, like a birthday celebration or vacation. It’s up to you to choose who can see your photos, videos, and albums when you share it with others.
How do I tag someone in a photo or video?
You can tag people in your own or someone else if the person or page has allowed others to tag it.
To tag people or pages in a photo or video:
- Click the photo or video.
- Hover over the photo or video and click “Tag” at the bottom.
- Click the person or people and start typing their name.
- Choose the full name of the person you want to tag when it appears.
- Click “Done”.
Keep in mind that when you tag someone in a photo or video, that person’s friends may also see, like or comment on them. If you tag a photo or video that was not uploaded by a friend, the person who uploaded them will need to approve the tag. When you add a tag to something, the tagged person or page may receive a notification that you tagged them.
Can I untag myself from a photo or video?
If someone tagged you in a photo or video you don’t want to be tagged in, you can untag it by scrolling to the top right of the post and select “Remove Tag”.
You can also remove tags from multiple posts at once:
- Go to your activity log.
- Click “Photos” or “Videos” in the column.
- Click to check the box to the left of the posts you’d like to remove a tag.
- Click “Remove Tags” at the top of the page.
- Click “Untag” to confirm.
Removed tags will no longer appear on the post, photo, or video, but they’re still visible to the chosen audience. People may be able to view them in places like News Feed or search results. To remove it from Facebook completely, ask the person who posted it to take it down.
How do I change the privacy settings on a tagged photo or video?
The post you’re tagged in may be shared with the original audience, as well as the friends you suggest. These people may see it in their News Feed, search, and other places throughout Passerport.
- Go to the lower corner of any post and select “Settings”.
- Look at the available settings for privacy.
- If you choose to show it to specific individuals, elect members from the dropdown or by typing their name.
The setting defaults to everyone, which means when you’re tagged in a post, you, your friends, and other members can see the post, even if they weren’t in the original audience.
Friends, Followers, and Connections
How do I send request and invitations?
You can send requests and invitations to friends, family and other people you know and trust from your profile or a group. You can add a friend by searching for them and sending them a request on their profile. If they accept, you automatically follow that person, and they automatically follow you, which allows you to see each other’s posts in News Feed. If you’d like to see updates from people you find interesting but don’t know personally, try following them instead.
You may not be able to add someone if:
- They set their privacy settings to get friend requests from trusted sources. Ask them to send you a request instead.
- You already sent them a friend request. Give them some time to respond to the request.
- You’ve blocked them. To send a friend request to someone you’ve blocked, you need to unblock them first in your settings.
Note: If requests you send go unanswered or are reported as unwelcome, you may be blocked from sending friend requests.
How do I accept requests and invitations?
When you receive notifications to respond to the request or invitation. Click “Confirm”.
How do I delete. remove, or cancel a request or invitations?
You can reverse the request or invitation by going back to the person’s profile and clicking “Cancel Request” or “Cancel Invite”. You can also ignore the request or invitation as well.
What if I’m having trouble finding someone?
If you’re having trouble finding someone you want to add, you can search by their username, email, or mutual friends. If you’ve blocked someone or they’ve blocked you, you won’t be able to see their profile. When you search for friends by their networks, some people may not show up, depending on their privacy settings for the section on their profile.
What about suggestions of people to find?
Many suggestions are based on having friends in common. If you see a suggestion with no mutual friends or followers, keep in mind that some people have their friends list set to private. This means that some suggestions who are friends of friends may not show the friends you have in common. If you don’t want to show up in someone else’s suggestions, you can change your privacy settings or block them. Blocking someone permanently hides them from your suggestions.
Who can follow me?
Your friends automatically follow you. You can also let people who aren’t your friends follow you.
To manage who can follow you:
- Click on “Follow” on the menu.
- Click Settings.
- Select “Friends” or “Everyone”.
If you’ve allowed people to follow you, you can see a list of your followers by going to your profile and click “Following” on your cover photo. If you don’t have any followers, you won’t see a list. If you let people who aren’t your friends follow you, people who send friend requests that you ignore or delete can follow you. If you don’t want someone to follow you, you can block them at any time.
How do I delete a friend request?
When you delete a friend request, the person who sent you the request won’t be notified. To permanently stop that person from sending you another friend request, you can block them in your settings.
To delete a friend request:
- Go to “Friends”.
- Click “Delete Request”.
I got a notification saying I received a friend request, but I don’t see it on my account. How can I see it?
If the person who sent the friend request deactivated their account after sending it, you won’t be able to see their request. If you got the notification by email, make sure that email is added to your account. Otherwise, the friend request won’t show up on your account. To add that person as a friend, you can send them a friend request or ask them to send you another request.
Why someone would receive an invitation to join?
To spread the word about our community, we hope that you take advantage of sharing posts and inviting people to Passerport. When you upload your contacts, you can choose to send your contacts an invitation to join Passerport. We can’t delete email invitations that have already been sent, but you can change or remove your uploaded contacts to make sure that they get more invitation reminders on the invite page.
How do I unfriend or remove a friend?
To unfriend someone:
- Go to that person’s profile.
- At the top of their profile select “Unfriend”.
The person you unfriended won’t be notified. If you don’t want someone to see your profile, add you as a friend or send you a message, you can block them. If the person you want to unfriend has deactivated their account, go to your profile and click “Friends”, then search for the person’s name. If you unfriend someone, you’ll be removed from that person’s friends list as well. If you want to be friends with this person again, you’ll need to add them as a friend again.
What does blocking do and how do I block someone?
When you block people, they and you will no longer be able to do things such as tag each other or see things posted on both accounts. To block someone in your settings:
- Click “Block” in the menu.
- Enter the name of the person you want to block and then click “Block”.
- Select the specific person you want to block from the list that appears.
People will not be notified when you block them. If you can’t find someone using this method, try going to the person’s profile and selecting Block from the profile menu under their cover photo. (The same can done to unblock someone.) When you unblock someone, you won’t automatically be friends again. If you block a friend and then unblock them, you’ll need to send them a new friend request.
What is an invite?
An invite lets you organize and respond to gatherings in the real world with people. You can create or attend an event for anything from a birthday dinner to a collaboration offering. When you create an invite, you can control who sees or joins your event.
How do I create an invite?
To create an invite:
- Click “Invite” in the menu.
- Choose who you want to invite to your group. If you’re creating an event, you can set the host as yourself or a group that you manage. You’re not able to change the privacy settings once you’ve created the event.
- Fill in the name, details, location, and time. If you’re creating a public invite, you can add multiple dates and times, select a category, add keywords, and add a link to a ticketing website.
- Click “Send Invite”.
You’ll be taken to where you can invite guests, upload photos, add a cover photo or video, share posts, and edit details. Only groups can add multiple dates and times to an event.
How do I edit an existing invite?
To edit an existing invite:
- Click “Invite” in the menu.
- Click “Edit” next to the name of your upcoming event.
- Change the name, location, time, description, or co-hosts.
- Click “Save”.
How do I invite people?
If you’re a host of an invite, you can invite your friends, family, and other members. To invite people to an event that’s already been created:
- Go to the event.
- Click “Invite” below the cover photo.
- Click “Choose Friends” or “Invite by Text or Email”.
- Search and select friends to invite.
- Click “Send Invites”.
To invite people to a public event that’s already been created:
- Go to the event.
- Click “Share” in the top right or below the cover photo.
- Click “Invite Friends”.
- Search and select friends to invite
- Click “Send Invites”.
Creators are automatically listed as hosts. As a host, you can choose different privacy settings for who can see, join, or invite guests to your event.
How can I remove people from an invite?
If you’re the host of an invite, you can remove anyone who was sent an invitation except the creators.
To remove someone from your private event:
- Click “Invite” in the menu and select your event.
- Click “Going”, “Maybe”, or “Invited”.
- Search for the person you’d like to remove and click “Uninvite”.
Keep in mind that if someone removes themselves from a private event, they can’t be added again.
To remove someone from your public event:
- Click “Invite” in the menu and select your event.
- Click “Going” or “Interested”.
- Search for the person you’d like to remove and click “Remove” next to their name.
People won’t receive a notification that they’ve been removed. They won’t get future messages or notifications, and it’ll no longer appear in their invites.
How to join a group?
To join a group, go to any group and click “Join Group” below the cover photo.
Depending on the group’s settings, you may have to wait for a group admin to approve your request.
When you join a group:
- People may see when you join a public or closed group or that you’re a member of that group on their News Feed or search.
- When someone adds you to a public or closed group, others may see that you’ve been invited. If you’re accepted an invite to a group, you’ll become a member and other people may see you joined that group.
- Certain groups have their privacy setting set to secret and may not appear in search results. You can see them once a group member adds you.
How do I leave a group?
To leave, go to the group, click at the top and then select “Leave Group”.
When you leave a group:
- Members won’t be notified.
- You’re removed from the member list and the group will be removed from your list of groups.
- You’ll no longer get group notifications.
- People will no longer know when you’ve seen a group post, even if you saw it before you left the group.
How do I find a group to join?
To discover new groups you might be interested in, click Groups in the left menu.
You can search for recommended groups, friends’ groups, local groups, and more.
What happens when I get invited into a group?
When someone invites you to a group and that invitation is approved by a member, group admin, or moderator, you’ll receive a notification that you’ve been invited to a group. You’ll be able to preview the group’s content and decide if you want to join. You may also see posts from that group in your News Feed. While you’re reviewing the invite:
- You won’t be able to post or comment on other people’s posts in the group.
- You won’t be able to invite others to the group.
- Members of the group can see that you’re previewing the group in the members list, but those who aren’t members of the group won’t see you in the members list.
Keep in mind that for most groups, you can add anyone who’s a friend of someone in the group. You can leave a group at any time.
How do I create a group?
To create a group:
- Click on the top right and select “Create Group”.
- Enter your group name, add group members, and then choose the privacy setting for your group.
- Click “Create”.
Once you create your group, you personalize it by uploading a cover photo and adding a description for the group.
How can I make someone an admin or a moderator in a group?
To make someone an admin or moderator of your group:
- Click “Groups” in the menu and select your group.
- Click “Members” in the menu.
- Click next to the person you want to make an admin or moderator.
- Select “Make Admin” or “Make Moderator”.
Keep in mind that once you make someone an admin, they’ll be able to remove members or admins, add new admins, and edit the group description and settings.
How can I invite new people to the group?
To invite new members to a group:
- Click “Groups” in the left menu and select the group you’d like to invite new members.
- Click below the group photo and select “Add Members”.
- Enter the names of the people you want to add and then click “Add”.
For all public, closed, and secret groups, members can add anyone they’re friends with. Keep in mind that once someone is invited to join a group, they’ll be able to preview the group before deciding if they’d like to join the group. If you add people to a group, a group admin may need to approve the request before they can join.
What would be a useful idea for a group?
Groups provide a space to communicate about shared interests with certain people. You can create a group for stories about your family reunion, your after-work sports team, your book club, or anything that can form a community for like-minded people. You can customize the group’s privacy settings depending on who you want to join and see the group.
What if I’m buying or selling something in the group?
If you’re buying or selling in the group, keep in mind that both buyers and sellers are responsible for things sold in a Passerport group.
Buyers: Any purchase made through a group is between you and the seller. Keep in mind we don’t own or stock any items in a specific group. If you have any questions about the things you’re buying, try messaging the seller privately.
Sellers: Please describe the items you’re selling clearly and make sure you’re following both our Terms, Policies, and Community Standards. Also, in certain countries (such as Germany, Austria and Switzerland), people selling for business purposes are required by law to provide information about their identity, including their name, street address, email, registration number and/or VAT number. If you’re not sure if this requirement applies to you, you may wish to seek the advice of a qualified attorney with local expertise.
Items like animals, drugs, weapons, counterfeits and other items that infringe intellectual property rights aren’t allowed in any groups. Selected rights owners may be able to search sale group posts to prevent the misuse of intellectual property on Passerport. We are not responsible for buyer/seller transactions outside our platform.
How do I delete a group?
If you’re an admin of a group, you can delete it. Groups are deleted when they have no members. Deleting a group is a permanent action that cannot be reversed. To delete a group:
- Click “Groups” in the menu and select your group.
- Click “Members”.
- Click next to each member’s name and select “Remove from Group”.
- Select “Leave Group” next to your name once you’ve removed the other members.
If you’re an admin, you can’t delete a group you didn’t create unless the original creator chooses to leave it.
What are some reasons for messaging others?
Messaging lets you instantly reach people you care about and to allow privacy for you to reach out to others. You can send photos, attachments, emojis from your computer, tablet, or mobile phone. Only you and the people you’re messaging can view your conversation at any time.
Each of your conversations is separate, even if some of the same people are in more than one conversation. If you have conversation with someone, and they are included in a different conversation among a larger group, the original thread will stay separate from the group conversation.
How do you send a message?
You must send a message by going to “Compose” to write a new message. You must write the recipient’s name or username, and the subject of the message. Once you compose your message, then click “Send Message”. You can add more than one recipient to any message by clicking the “This is a notice to all users” box.
How do I check my messages?
You have a few options to check your messages. You can check your messages in inbox, starred, sent, and notice located underneath “Compose”.
How do I delete my messages?
To delete a message, open the conversation and go to “Options” to click delete.
Once you choose to delete a conversation, it can’t be undone. Keep in mind that deleting a conversation from your inbox won’t delete it from your friend’s inbox. It won’t be possible to delete sent or received messages from a friend’s inbox.
What if someone else sees my messages?
If someone you’re having a conversation with choose to show it to other people, take a screenshot of it, or new members are added to group conversations, then some of your messages will be seen by others. Those are the only ways all private messages in the conversation could be at risk.
Can I search for messages?
Of course! You can search for a chat conversation or you can search for a specific message by going to the search bar on your upper right-hand side. You can type keywords that are related to your message, such as a name or the subject.
What if I receive spam, suspicious links, or unwanted messages?
If you’re receiving messages that seem suspicious or make you feel uncomfortable, you can block messages from the person by going to your privacy settings and clicking block. Keep in mind that blocking messages from someone is different from blocking them on Passerport. If you block someone’s messages, but don’t block them on Passerport, you’ll still be able to see their profile. Depending on their privacy settings, you may also be able to see things like their status updates, comments, likes and tags.
Security and Protection
How can I protect myself on Passerport?
Passerport has its own limits in place to prevent behavior that others may find annoying or abusive. However, your limits and boundaries should restrict the rate at which someone can message you. Please keep the following in mind:
- Make sure to use your authentic name and picture to help the people you’re messaging recognize you.
- Protect yourself from scams by not allowing messages promoting or advertising an unsolicited product, service, or opportunity.
- Unsolicited messages of any kind.
You can learn more about your rights in our Terms.
How can Passerport protect me?
We encourage you to report impersonating accounts to us, whether or not you have an account. Accounts and pages that impersonate other people or don’t follow the Terms aren’t allowed on Passerport.
How can I tell that my account is hacked?
Your account may have been hacked if you notice:
- Your email or password have changed.
- Your name or birthday have changed.
- Friend requests have been sent to people you don’t know.
- Messages have been sent that you didn’t write.
- Posts have been made that you didn’t create.
If someone gains access to your account, or creates an account to pretend to be you or someone else, we encourage you to let us know. Accounts that represent fake or fictional people, pets, celebrities or organizations are not permitted. If you think your account has been hacked or taken over, you should secure your account by reporting the problem to us, changing your password, and reviewing your recent login activity.
How can I prevent getting hacked?
To help keep your account safe, you may want to learn how to protect yourself against malicious software that can potentially alter your account and not to leave your browser opened on a public device. If the email associated with your account has changed, we’ll send a message to the previous email account with a special link to reverse the email change and to secure your account.
What if my friend’s account is hacked, even in cases of emergency or death?
If your friends account are hacked:
- Your friends can visit this page to begin securing their account. They can’t get into their account because it was taken over by someone else, please show them the “Report” section.
- If your friend is medically incapacitated and unable, we might be able to help you remove the account. If your friend’s condition is reversible, we can deactivate the account instead of deleting it.
- When your friend recovers, he or she can log back in and reopen the account. If your friend passed away, please report his or her profile to be removed.
How to keep my account safe and secure?
Here are a few things you can do to keep your account secure:
- Don’t use your password anywhere else online, and never share it with other people. Your password should be difficult to guess. Avoid including your name or common words.
- Never share your login information with others. Always check the website’s URL before you enter your login information. When in doubt, check your browser to make sure that it is secure.
- Log out when you use a computer you share with other people.
- Don’t accept friend requests from people you don’t know. Scammers may create fake accounts to friend people. Becoming friends with scammers might allow them to spam your profile, tag you in posts, and send you malicious messages.
- Watch out for malicious software. Learn the signs of an infected computer or device to remove malicious software. Keep your web browser up to date and remove suspicious applications or browser add-ons.
- Never click suspicious links, even if they appear to come from a friend or a company you may know. This includes links on posts or in emails. If you see a suspicious link, report it.
What if I’m having trouble creating an account?
If you’re having trouble creating an account:
- You”ll see a message that your username, email, or password isn’t recognized. Make sure you type in your information correctly.
- If you see a message that an account already exists, you may need to log into your existing account.
- Try creating an account with a different email.
If you already have an account but forgot your password:
- You can reset your password through your email and log into your account.
- If you don’t have access to your email, you can log into your Facebook account.
I’m trying to upload my contact information, but was told that I entered the wrong password. What should I do?
When you upload your contact information, make sure that you enter the current password for that account, and not your new password. If you’re still having trouble uploading your contacts, you can request a change of password by clicking the “Lost Password” link in Log In. If you see an error that your email is unsupported, you may not be able to upload your contact information from that email service right now. You can check your email service provider for additional help.
What if I get locked out of my account?
If you type in the wrong password several times, you might be locked out of your account temporarily, which can take up to 12 hours. If you don’t remember your password, click the “Lost Password” link in Log In and an email will be sent to your registered email address.
What if I didn’t receive an email?
If you created a personal account with an email, we sent a confirmation link to that email. If you can’t find your confirmation email:
- Check your junk mail folder. If you’re using Gmail, check your social emails.
- Make sure that you entered the correct email. If you entered the wrong email, you can change it and send the email again.
- You can try using your Facebook account instead of an email.
You can use these steps to fix problems with invitations, requests, and notifications.
Why is my News Feed or Wall blank?
Besides not having many connections or recent activity, your News Feed and Wall should be filled with updates from the people and pages you follow. If any of those are blank or if your older stories aren’t properly loading on your News Feed or Wall, give it time, refresh your browser, or reopen your News Feed or Wall. Your posts should show up right away for your selected audience.
Why can’t I send messages?
If you can’t send a message, or you were unable to connect to the Internet when you try to send a message, try using these troubleshooting tips:
- Check your internet connection: Test to see if other websites are working.
- Update your browser: We recommend using the latest version web browsers.
- You may see an error if you’re blocked by the recipient.
What to do if I’m blocked from messages?
If you see an error message saying you’re blocked from sending messages for a certain amount of time, it might be temporary and you can still use other products to connect with your friends while you’re blocked from messages. Once your block is over, try to only message people you know. Make sure to use the name you go by in everyday life to help the people you’re messaging recognize you. If you’re blocked from sending messages, you may also be temporarily blocked from sending friend requests to that person.
How do I report something to Passerport?
Reports from people help us identify and fix problems when something’s not working correctly. Giving details, adding screenshots, and descriptions help us find the problem. Reporting a issue when it happens helps make Passerport a better and safer community. We appreciate the time it takes for you to give us this information.
To report that something that isn’t working or to report an issue:
- Log into a computer.
- Click on the “Report” link in the lower corner of a page.
- Select and write the issue.
What are some reasons to report?
Here are some reasons to report:
- Report Abusive Content and Spam: When content gets reported, we review it and remove anything that goes against our Community Standards, Terms, and Policies.
- Report Technical Feedback: When feedback gets reported, we review how a feature works or how we can improve to redesign our products, improve our policies, and fix technical problems.
- Report Constructional Feedback: We appreciate your feedback when a product or service should be improved or changed. We review and consider any form of constructional feedback.
- Report Hacking and Fake Accounts: If an account is pretending to be you or someone you know on your behalf, you can report it for impersonation.
- Report Deceased Accounts: If a person is deceased, verify immediate family members to request the removal of a loved one’s account.
- Report Privacy Violations: If you think a photo or video should be removed because it violates your rights, or living in a country where the law may require the removal of unauthorized photos for privacy rights or trademark reasons, we might remove the image you’re reporting. However, it’s not guaranteed. We encourage you to contact the person who posted the photo or video in order to resolve this issue.
What happens when I report something but the problem isn’t resolved?
When things don’t work, we want to fix them right away. As people send us reports, we review them and sometimes reach out for more info to help us resolve the problem. If the Support Inbox status for something you reported says it was resolved but you’re still experiencing the problem, please report it again with the following tips in mind:
- Check the sections in “Help” carefully to see if it can be resolved on your own.
- Be sure to report account problems or abusive content through the “Report” link.
- Report broken features as soon as you see them.
- Clearly explain what you were doing when the problem occurred and, if possible, what steps we can take to reduce the problem.
- Attach screenshots if you have them available.
For more assistance, you can report problems to email@example.com.
Reporting issues with these tips will help make our community better!