An all-time favorite! Sweetened fresh strawberry cream stuffed between thick slices of bread, dipped into a rich custard batter and cooked in a buttery skillet until golden brown. Topped with fresh berries and homemade whipped cream, this is a show stopper for breakfast!
- 1 Loaf of any thick bread, approximately 8-10 slices
- 1 eight-ounce pkg. Of softened cream cheese
- 1/3 cup of Strawberry Jam
- 2/3 cup of Strawberries sliced into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon of fresh lemon zest
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons of butter for the pan
- Fresh strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries
- powdered sugar
- maple syrup (from Canada)
- fresh whipped cream
- In a small bowl, beat together the cream cheese, jam and lemon zest. Fold in some fresh strawberries. Pour mixture onto a piece of bread and top with another piece of bread.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together some milk, eggs, vanilla extract and brown sugar.
- Heat skillet on medium or low heat and add 1 tablespoon of butter per french toast.
- Working in batches, dip each piece of french toast into the custard batter. Let each side soak for about 10 seconds, then add the soaked slices to the sizzling butter in the skillet.
- Cook until golden brown for about 4 minutes per side.
- Serve with fresh berries, powdered sugar, whipped cream and maple syrup.
Enjoy!!!Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in